Monday, August 24, 2009

Adventures at Wallymart

It's been a while since I've posted an entry. It's hard when I've set such a high standard of blogging for myself and I have all these ideas. Unfortunately none of them really inspire me to write them in the way to do them the proper justice. Perhaps what I've expected all along is true and I am my own worst enemy. Ain't that a B. I will leave you with this 100% true story...

Many moons ago, in a place not too far away...
I am on an adventure in the wonderful place we call Walmart. I am taking my time going through the aisles in full bargain hunter mode. This is where my primal hunting mode kicks in the most, when I am hunting for deals in Walmart. My car needed an oil change so I pick up a 4 Liter jug of oil. As I am wandering around contemplating the joys of low prices I realize that I should be a good boyscout and pick up some prophylactics. I make a bee line over to the pharmacy and check out the 800 different varieties. After careful deliberation I make my choice and proceed to the elderly gentleman at the cash in the pharmacy. He is in my estimation at least 75 yrs old. I put my 4 liter jug of motor oil and my box of condoms on the counter and I can tell that this guy is a tiny bit perplexed over my purchases. I decide to throw a little light on the mystery and I ask "You can use oil-based lubricant with these right?". The look on his face was priceless, he was totally speechless and about 15 shades of red (none of them a particularly flattering shade). At this point I am a bit worried the guy may have a heart attack but he manages to mumble something I couldn't make out and I pay for the purchases with a totally straight face. I manage to make it around the corner of the pharmacy before breaking out into hysterical laughter. Just one of my crowning achievements in life. This happened at least 7 years ago and it still makes me laugh when I remember the guy's face. Hopefully as you imagine it, it makes you smile and laugh as well.

On another note, I saw Inglourious Basterds yesterday and it was a wicked movie. I loved it. Brad Pitt is absolutely hilarious. Go see it tonight if you can.

Maybe next time I will tell you my Unicef story. Stay tuned and stay thirsty my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment