Thursday, October 8, 2009

My Apologies

First off my apologies...

I am back and I apologize for the long absence. Surprisingly more people than I would have thought have commented on the lack of entries lately. Funny, since nobody leaves COMMENTS ON MY ENTRIES...lol.

I just got back from a small vacation in the "Picture Province" for a good old country wedding and let's just say it was an experience. I didn't know it was possible to dance to "Spirit in the Sky" or "Footloose" or "Devil Went Down to Georgia", but I was proven wrong (by my drunken self mostly). My cousin actually requested some "fiddle music" from the band and she got her wish. My sister in law called me a "ghetto dancer" and I choose to take that as a compliment.

The time came when the garter was to be thrown and I was forced up amongst the single men. The competitiveness in me unexpectantly creeped up and I wanted to catch it, just for the sake of winning. As the garter was flying through the air I jumped for it and as it was about to land on my outstretched finger I came to my senses. I suddenly had the thought "What the hell are you doing??" and I pulled my finger back and and shifted my body (while still in the air) and avoided that thing like I was in the Matrix. The garter fell to the ground and I walked away like nothing had happened, nothing to see here! The crowd thought it was great and I felt like I just got shot in the chest while wearing a Kevlar vest and was trying to walk it off. "Haha I look pale? No I'm not feeling well, it certainly isn't because I almost caught the garter...that's RIDICULOUS. Where's my beer? Can I drink your beer? Oh I wasn't sitting on this side of the room before? Who are you? Oh sorry Uncle James, I didn't recognize you, you look so different from the last time I saw you 5 minutes ago...I'll be all right".

On a side note, I am an amazing dancer (opinions vary slightly) and you may find this hard to believe but I have had no FORMAL training. I found out at this dance that it is genetic which is both enlightening and a little upsetting. I thought I had carved out my legacy of snazzy dancing despite my family, but seeing my 83 yr old grandfather dancing to almost every dance and another 76 yr old relative doing what would be best described as naughty dancing, I see that it was inavoidable and the rhythm was eventually going to get me. I do take it to another level, but the foundation was already in place.

All in all good times had by all at the wedding/dance. Alcohol helps but it is good to go back to your roots sometimes and just let loose. So accept my sincerest apologies for leaving you all hanging for so long. I have another blog idea cooking so check back soon...
This for your viewing and listening pleasure if you're so inclined:

No comments:

Post a Comment