Monday, October 19, 2009

Do you come here often?

Approaching a woman is a hard thing to do for a guy and the truth is most of us have no idea how to do it. The funny thing is that if we actually find a way that works once, we will almost definitely try it on every other girl we want to talk to from that point onward. Sad but true. It is best to be creative if possible but it is not always easy.

Here are some of the methods I have heard used...

In the club...huge range of tactics, varying degrees of success.

Some guys will stare from across the room and hope to catch the girl's glance and maybe even a smile. This can backfire if you stare too long, that is super creepy. The key is to not stare too long, catch the glance and smile and then look away. If you get the smile back you at least have a fighting chance and the girl might even welcome conversation. If she gives you the finger or a dirty look, pull the eject button on this mission. If you persist you might get blown out of the sky, or worse. Low risk, low reward with this method.

Buying the lady a drink. Do not expect a grand gesture in return. Ask her what she is drinking, if the girl is drinking a water do not buy her a shot of tequila (creepy). If she is drinking a glass of wine, do not send her a beer. Do not offer someone half of your beer, even if it is the top half (not as romantic as you might think). It also helps if you can talk to her a bit before offering to buy the drink. Do not offer to buy her a drink if it is an open bar (minimally funny and lame). Relatively low risk, slightly higher reward potential and potentially expensive.

Commenting on a commonly seen occurrence. Perhaps there is a guy wearing ballhugger jeans or a wearing a fur hat, perhaps a girl wearing a jean belt or showing way more skin than she should for someone that size...this is a good chance to start up a conversation and playfully poke fun (showing off your stellar sense of humor). Asking the girl to settle a debate by offering her opinion on something is also a good idea. Medium risk, good chance of success.

Some guys are brazen enough to just grab a girl's butt, or use some ridiculously vulgar pickup line. Does this ever work? Apparently it does once in a blue moon. These guys either think they are cool enough to pull it off or just really don't care that there is little to no chance of it actually turning out well. I lump these guys in the same group of guys that wear sweat pants to the mall, they've given up on life. If you're going to use any pickup line it had better be original and funny. Huge risk, minimal chance of success.

On the brightside I think that girls tend to initiate conversations more at clubs now than they have in years past. I don't go out much but one of the last times I was in a club I was getting a drink at the bar and a girl started talking to me. We chatted for a bit and I went back to my friends. Next thing I knew she was dancing behind me on the dancefloor and I felt something on my pocket. I was pissed wondering who the heck was trying to lift my wallet. Turns out the girl put her card in my back pocket. Girls have it so easy, I was flattered but if I had done the same thing to a girl I might have got slapped in the face or told off. I really believe the best thing you can do is just walk up to someone and say "Hi my name is ____, I like your face. Can I buy you a shot of Tequila? I like your hair, I can only imagine what it looks like tussled about. I have to question what kind of girl surrounds herself with girls way less attractive than herself. Would you like to come back to my place for a cinematic adventure? I have all Lord of the Rings movies on Blu-ray". How can that possibly fail?

Stay thirsty my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment