Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What is your Kryptonite?

Is it just me or is there a certain kind of alcohol that makes you get a little out of control? I think most people have that specific type of drink that could lead to you hanging off a chandelier in your underwear singing Livin La Vida Loca. The drink that leads to the "I love you man!" or the uncontrolled sobbing fits...

When I drink hard liquor there is always a possibility it may get out of control. Hard liquor just affects me in a different way. Also factor in that hard liquor is easier to drink quickly when it is properly mixed and it is a recipe for disaster. If I drink beer I am fine, it's hard to drink beer too fast because it makes you feel full. After much experimentation, including trial and error, I am now aware of specific kinds of alcohol I should only drink in very limited quantities or avoid altogether. I've talked to some of my friends about this as well and they all seem to agree that one kind of liquor affects them differently than the others.

My kryptonite is Tequila (te-kill-ya). A close second is rum. I can be out with my friends pleasantly buzzed and if I do a shot or two of tequila, things can get messy. Next thing I know I am waking up wondering what the heck happened. Where are my pants? How did I get home? What is my name? There is something in tequila that just erases my memories of the night after the tequila makes its appearance. It never fails. Knowing all of this, I still try it on occasion, I just try to limit the intake. I figure I can use tequila like a flu shot. My body will get used to the effects if I introduce it in small doses here and there. I know it is my nemesis and I want to conquer it, especially after it has kicked my ass a few times. Rum has caused a few crazy nights as well but it has nothing on tequila.

So hear that tequila, I will conquer you slowly but surely. Either that or you'll knock me the hell out like you usually do when I challenge you. These are but small battles in a bigger war. Let the games begin...What is your kryptonite?


No comments:

Post a Comment