Thursday, November 12, 2009

Randomness

It's funny how fast time flies by when you measure your life in blog entries. It's a bit scary as well, I blink and two weeks go by. Sorry to leave you all hanging awaiting the next entry, I will do my best to edutain (educate + entertain) you. I present to you some random thoughts...

You came into my life 3 years ago
One week in I said "No, no, no..."
You've been a letdown in so many ways
Less than 365 days to go...

You make too much noise when I ride you easy
The cost to have you stop makes me queasy
I can't wait until you are out of my life
I will replace you in less than a week easy breezy.

You almost got me into a 3-way with Asians
I got caught up in the reservations
But they could not afford to have you
And now I am paying the reparations

I know this is not what I deserve
I'm starting to despise your every curve
Just the thought of you spurs anger and spite
I'm talking about my Jetta, ya perv...

(refer to the countdown on the right, I'm very proud of this!)

The other day I was going through the Wendy's drive-thru and I ordered my combo. The woman asked me if I wanted to upgrade my combo to "Small", "Medium" or "Large" size. Wait, hold on a second dearest Wendy's worker...If I can "upgrade" my combo to "Small", what the hell size does it come in normally?? Miniscule? If I don't upgrade to Small do I get one fry and a shot glass of iced tea? It is amazing, yet sad, how much time I have spent pondering this.

I was talking to my insurance company the other night to obtain a quote on a potential new car. She informed me I could likely save money if I got tenant's insurance as well as it gives a considerable discount when you have auto and home insurance. In a moment of genius I ask her if my home insurance protects me against the Kool-Aid man? There is a prolonged silence on the other end of the phone. Doesn't everyone know that the Kool-Aid man smashes through walls? I spent the next 5 minutes telling this woman that I was just kidding and didn't intend to smash a hole in my wall or drink Kool-Aid for that matter.

Why can't Canadian airline companies put the actual rates on the website? If I get an email telling me I can fly to Atlantic City for $8, I expect to hand the ticket agent a $10 bill and get change. This is not the case though. They advertise a fare of $8 and when all is said and done (improvement fees, "taxes", etc) you are lucky if you get on the plane for less than $100. I saw a fare of $29 each way from NB and back and I ended up paying almost $300. It doesn't seem to be the same way for US airline websites, what you end up paying is reasonably close to what is advertised on the site. I don't understand...

Rogers is not 100% evil as I previously believed, it is about 99.5% evil. There is at least one person working for the company that doesn't have his head up his butt.

Stay thirsty my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment